Micro Ceramics offers alumina with wide range of purity (92% to 99.99%). The level of purity, grain size, and density required is dependent to the application requirements and the component configuration.
High density alumina with nano grain size leads to high polished surfaces for laser applications.
Alumina also is a good material for joining to metal or other ceramics using metalizing and brazing techniques.
Micro Ceramics provides alumina parts for a wide range of applications including semiconductors, optoelectronics, aviation, and communication.
Key alumina properties:
- Density (3.6 to 3.95 g/cm3)
- Hardness (15 to 19 GPa)
- Compressive strength (2,350 to 4,000 MPa)
- Mechanical strength (350 to 630 MPa)
- Volume resistivity ( > 1×1014 Ωcm @ 25°C)
- Thermal conductivity (12 to 39 W/ m・K)
- High abrasion and wear resistance
- Maximum operation temperature 1,000 to 1,200°C.
See properties table for more information.